If you have any links to MultiValue sites that offer freeware or shareware, please get in touch. All contributions gratefully received.
Here’s a very interesting site that deals extensively with Open-Source Software. To quote from the introduction, “The basic idea behind open source is very simple. When programmers on the Internet can read, redistribute, and modify the source for a piece of software, it evolves. People improve it, people adapt it, people fix bugs. And this can happen at a speed that, if one is used to the slow pace of conventional software development, seems astonishing.”
Regarding freeware, you may want to check out the GNU General Public License which is intended to guarantee your freedom to share and change free software.
- Bizsoft Corporation AREV & OpenInsight utilities, RevBrowse for browsing through AREV/OpenInsight tables.
- Great Guru Software Terminal Emulator, 4GL Development system.
- Java Driver The JDBC Driver – Free Java Driver for Unidata.
- Java Driver Perl Module for Unidata
- jBASE Free version of jBASE for LINUX, Visual Basic Calling Interface.
- MaVerick – an Open Source Multivalue Database Management System running initially on Linux (currently in development)
- PixieWare – Pixieware® – Web enabling, GUI migration, and RAD software for MultiValue systems, including ….
1) Implement a Web browser interface using this open-source PHP application. No other commercial middle-ware software is required. Connects Apache to Linux MV’s and non-MV systems, with a non-persistent connection.
Open-Source PHP application
2) Windows-based MV-style database engine (2 user NFR version based on Jet/Access). PixieEngine™ software converts “Pick” etc. into VB and SQL.
PixieEngine(TM) — How It Works!
- Pat Thoyts unibasic.el – Major mode for working with UniBasic files in EMACS (Emacs is a free editor that can be programmed to ‘understand’ the syntax of a programming language and assist the author with keyword colourisation and sensible indentation of code). This mode has been written to specifically support the symbols defined by Unidata’s unibasic however, it should be applicable to any related Pick basic language.
- PICK 2000 Fake TCL (to have users think they are at TCL when they really aren’t)
- PickSource PickBASIC code, FlashConnect code, and miscellaneous MV utilities.
- Precision Solutions, Inc. SB+ Cookbook #1: ReportWriter Recipes, XBASIC (Extended BASIC Compiler), ED+ Full Screen Editor, CASA Survey Results.
- Sergei Rabusov – Shareware CopyVint : copy the hard disk to other disks / TCParser : Parses arithmetical expressions and functions / ReadDBF : .DBF navigator / ListPlat : Payment orders log-book / Design : Design-technology documentation / ReadPick : Alternative to the Export program.
- State of the Art Systems Pty. Ltd. AREV utilities.
- Stéphane Heckel SysLink : ActiveX Server for a post-relational (nested) database (UniData and UniVerse) and for DataStage.
- wEbbTide Systems Java, Delphi and Pick Systems D3 routines.